- The third edition of the Women’s Race – 8th March 2017
- Here come the bees … and the honey!
With the project WONDERS: Forest Protection and Alternative Livelihoods in Mukwamba Village supported with funds from Otto per Mille of the Waldensian Church of Italy, Sport2build will produce the sweetest honey together with the local community in Mukwamba Village.
Bee-keeping and honey production are sustainable and environmentally friendly alternatives to charcoal burning which is causing severe deforestation in the community.
The first ten beehives are now hanging from the beautiful trees of the Chakwela Makumbi School and are housing two colonies of rescued bees saved from Lusaka where they would have been burnt.
- Thanks to the partnership with the Embassy of Japan in the Republic of Zambia the construction of the primary school has started in Mukwamba Village! Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects
- The preschool block is complete! It is thanks to the partnership with the German Embassy of Lusaka and the support of all of you that this dream has come true for Sport2build and Mukwamba Village. The Chakwela Makumbi School takes its name to honour our great friend and supporter the Chieftainess Nkhomesha Mukamambo II.
- Distribution of soap bars at Chakwela Makumbi School, thanks to the project SAFE Mukwamba Village – Sanitation and Athletics to Foster Education in Mukwamba Village supported byOtto per Mille della Chiesa Valdese in Italia (www.ottopermillevaldese.org). The project also includes the construction of ten latrines at Mukwamba Village, hygiene sensitisation, distribution of menstrual kits and running races for children and youth.
- It is almost time to harvest at Mukwamba Village and thanks to the contribution of the WATER IS LIFE project – supported with funds from otto per mille della Chiesa Valdese (Unione delle chiese metodiste e valdesi) – the families will reap nutritious, rich and differentiated crops.
- Work with us! We are looking for an early child development trainer for our school in Zambia. For more informations click here
- The new toilets at the Chakwela Makumbi School are complete! The collaboration between Sport2build and Umanitaria Padana ONLUS made possible the construction of the new toilets for the children who are going to attend lessons at the new school in Mukwamba village very soon. Through the great support received by Umanitaria Padana ONLUS and from the local community we could build 8 Ventilated Improved Pit latrines, two showers and two sinks.
- WATER IS LIFE! To improve the living conditions of the community members the WATER IS LIFE project aimed at providing safe drinking water to the vulnerable households living in Mukwamba Village, improving water and sanitation practices and promoting the use of water for productive uses. The main project activities achieved this year include the drilling of a new borehole and the distribution of seeds (orange maize, groundnuts, soya beans and sweet beans) to 30 vulnerable households identifies with the help of the Headwoman of the village.
- 2nd October 2015, the new Italian Ambassador to Zambia, Filippo Scammacca, visiting the Chakwela Makumbi School! On the day, the Sport2build organized a running race involving younger children in the categories of under 6 and under 10 for a total of 68 children. In the picture the Ambassador issues the certificate to the best runner in the category boys under 10!
- La bicicletta di bambù – Lusaka-London just became a book, published by Ediciclo. For orders of more than 10 copies, you can buy it directly from Sport2build by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.