- It is almost time to harvest at Mukwamba Village and thanks to the contribution of the WATER IS LIFE project – supported with funds from otto per mille della Chiesa Valdese (Unione delle chiese metodiste e valdesi) – the families will reap nutritious, rich and differentiated crops.
- Work with us! We are looking for an early child development trainer for our school in Zambia. For more informations click here
- The new toilets at the Chakwela Makumbi School are complete! The collaboration between Sport2build and Umanitaria Padana ONLUS made possible the construction of the new toilets for the children who are going to attend lessons at the new school in Mukwamba village very soon. Through the great support received by Umanitaria Padana ONLUS and from the local community we could build 8 Ventilated Improved Pit latrines, two showers and two sinks.
- WATER IS LIFE! To improve the living conditions of the community members the WATER IS LIFE project aimed at providing safe drinking water to the vulnerable households living in Mukwamba Village, improving water and sanitation practices and promoting the use of water for productive uses. The main project activities achieved this year include the drilling of a new borehole and the distribution of seeds (orange maize, groundnuts, soya beans and sweet beans) to 30 vulnerable households identifies with the help of the Headwoman of the village.
- 2nd October 2015, the new Italian Ambassador to Zambia, Filippo Scammacca, visiting the Chakwela Makumbi School! On the day, the Sport2build organized a running race involving younger children in the categories of under 6 and under 10 for a total of 68 children. In the picture the Ambassador issues the certificate to the best runner in the category boys under 10!
- The construction of the school is going on well and the team is working without a break! To date the premises include the full foundation on top of the wonderful hill in Mukwamba village, four classrooms, five storage rooms, a playground, ablution and sanitation blocks and one guardroom and store. The plan is to complete the construction by December 2015 and to start the education activities starting from January 2016, in collaboration with the Ministry of Education in Zambia and the local community. Sport2build team has already pre-registered 81 children from 2 to 6 years old. They all come from Mukwamba village and they will soon have the opportunity to go to school.
- 1st – 3rd August 2015, a weekend dedicated to sport! The community in Chipapa and neighboring villages have organized football and netball tournaments involving a total of 13 teams under 12 and under 18. Sport2build supported the event issuing final prizes to the winning teams. Also some special prizes were given to the best goalkeepers and best scorer of each category.
- Sport2build is now running a small guest house with two double rooms for four people in the heart of Lusaka in the quiet Kabulonga area close to the American Embassy and all the ministries and shopping malls with internet Wi-Fi, kitchen and meals upon request.For more information, contact Giorgia at firstname.lastname@example.org or +260963838951 or +260966510077.
- Sport2Build and Associazione Progetto Jacaranda together to promote the rights of women and girls in Zambia.
8th March 2014: WE RUN FOR WOMEN’S RIGHTS
The race will start from the plot of the new school at Mukwamba Village and it will reach the Chipapa Football Ground.
Prizes, Music, Drama, Drums and Traditional Dances and …. a lot of SPORT for this day of celebration and sensibilisation.
- We’ve finally found the right plot for the school! (click on the images to zoom on them)
- La bicicletta di bambù – Lusaka-London just became a book, published by Ediciclo. For orders of more than 10 copies, you can buy it directly from Sport2build by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- SPORT2BUILD ZAMBIA is finally born, with this fantastic zambian-italian team nobody can stop us now!